Saturday, September 27, 2008

Picture it:

Chicago, 1978. My best friend of more years than I care to count is born. Many years later, she chooses to comment on my blog under the name Claudia Ellen Ryan.

But! Picture this - Long Island, 1978. My other really good friend of about four years now, Annie, is born.

And, about two years later, in a place I just don't know, my friend Liz was born. I don't know if she reads the blog. But she was my co-intern and perpetual lifesaver on Neurology.

Whew! Apparently, today is a good day to be born.

Happy, happy, happy birthday to all of you.

Particularly to Claud and Annie for making it to the big 3-0. And for being as much as you both have been to me for so long. And for putting up with me for 16/4 really crazy years, through good times and bad, awesome and worse, momentous and of importance only to us. Through loss and change and progress and lots of fried cheese sticks and hot cocoa (respectively). For introducing me to white chocolate peppermint mochas and for adding "I know! Right?" to my daily vocabulary. For being awesome women and for telling me you think I'm awesome when you somehow know I really need to hear it.

I love you both. More than my luggage.

(PS - 20 bonus points to anyone who isn't Claudia who can name the movie that reference came from...)

2 comments:

J said...

Steel Magnolias. "Oh Weezer, you know I love you more than my luggage".

Another favorite from that movie is "You are too twisted for color tv."

Anonymous said...

I F*CKING love ya..it's been 4 years...holy craponoli..
u rock...like a lot

Bookmark and Share