Thursday, September 11, 2008

Q: How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Only one, but the light bulb has to WANT to change.

I know, not that funny, nor original. Whatever, I'm tired.

So, I'm in Asheville. City of Lights...no, wait...City of Vanderbilts. Or, as it were, The City That Vanderbilts, er, Built. I'm here for a conference on the state of psychiatry in the State. Well, only sort of. Okay, I'll stop with the terrible puns. I'm here for the NC Psychiatric Association's annual conference. Some of which is on the state of the practice in NC.

I was on call last night. It was a loooooong night (Looooooooooooooooooooooong). I got a little bit of a nap, dropped Maggie at the day care (she was soooo excited. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo excited), and then picked up Jack, one of the child fellows, whose wife isn't coming in until tomorrow, so he rode out with me. We chatted about work and life and made small talk for four hours (I wowed him with stories of my dog's wart. God help me, I hope it wasn't as painful as it sounds...). And then we got lost, thanks to my TomTom. But, we made it.

Of course, I signed up far too late to get into our block of rooms at the hotel where the conference is being held, so I'm two miles away at a different Marriott. Which was $30/night cheaper (hopefully the department is paying, so, not that it matters that much).

It has a nice king bed.


Fresh baked cookies in the lobby.


Snazzy little toiletries.


And, are you ready for it? A spa tub.


Love it.

Not to mention a nice balcony....with a view of the Applebee's. But, you know, whatever.


It should be a good time. Tomorrow has some interesting lectures, and then tomorrow night we're going on the Ghost Trolley Tour of Asheville. Sadly, we've got a mandatory resident seminar during the Brews Cruise, so, we're going to miss that. Because there is nothing more fun than a boatload of drunken psychiatrists.

Meanwhile, I'm still exhausted from last night, and I have to get up early tomorrow, so...I'm going to try out that nice big king bed...

1 comment:

Tiny Tyrant said...

Hugs honey. Have fun.

Bookmark and Share