Sunday, September 07, 2008

Tropical Sunday

So the tropical storm du jour has passed, and it was a balmy, sunny Sunday in North Carolina.

I woke up at 11:30 when Faye called to see if I wanted to have lunch. Which I did, if only to drag my lazy (well, tired), unshowered ass out of bed and get moving, since yesterday I did nothing but lie around like a big lump and watch reruns of House, which, frankly, I don't even like that much - the technical inaccuracies are inexcusable, and I just can't get invested in the characters - but I somehow still find endearing. And turned down no less than three invitations yesterday I really wanted to go to but did not see myself staying awake for. So I needed to get the hell out of mi casa.

We had a nice, chatty lunch at Panera. And then I did a little grocery shopping - for both me and the pooch. Wow, I wish Nutro made a people formula. My culinary life might be boring, but it would be so damn much easier. Scoop in the morning, scoop at night, done. And if they could make it taste like cheesecake...

I also bought a ridiculous amount of groceries for myself, mostly because for the past week I've found it next to impossible to eat an actual meal, but ridiculous for the fact that I'm going to be at a conference for four days out of this week. At least, I think I am. I'm still not sure the department is paying, and damned if I'm going to pay for it. I mean, there are some interesting things going on, and it's in Asheville, where I've never been, but the only reason I signed up is because they were going to pay for it.

I am paying for the Ghost Trolley Tour, which I think is Friday night. I was initiated into ghost tours of old Southern cities by my friend when we were in St. Augustine, and have been a fan ever since.

Anywho...I actually managed to get some stuff done today. I did a bazillion loads of laundry (PS - my new favorite thing? Method dryer cloths in Aloe and....something. They're, like, damp. And good for two loads. And smell amazing) and a week and a half's worth of dishes. I did some writing on some random project I'm working on. I made chili, which will feed me for half the meals I need to make this week (gonna be sick of chili by Thursday). And had poundcake with the most amazingly perfect, ripe, aromatic red raspberries for dessert. I seriously could've sat there and huffed the raspberries all night.

So tomorrow it's back to the regular old grind. My clinics for tomorrow and Tuesday are packed to the rafters (Tuesday is 7am to 6pm. I open and close with therapy patients and have my regular clinics, which are chock-full, in between. Fun!). And then I'm on call Wednesday night. And off to Asheville - in theory - on Thursday, until Sunday.

Hey, at least my life isn't boring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Panera.

Good to see you are still trucking.

How many weeks down are you now?

Bookmark and Share