Saturday, September 06, 2008

Things good, bad, and random

Happy birthday to Allison, who also turns 30 today. In honor of same, I tried to steal pictures of her incredibly adorable tiny one off her blog, but alas, there seems to have been a computer glitch in my attempts to plagiarize. So you'll have to go visit her blog yourself. The picture of Joseph in the laundry basket alone is worth the browsing.

In less good news, my dear friend Annie's mom has been in a coma for a week now. Something happened during a routine surgery last week and she has an anoxic brain injury. She's doing better, is extubated and breathing on her own, but still hasn't awakened. Anne has asked that tonight, at 7pm eastern, everyone pray for her mom.

Other than that...I'm exhausted. Still. Partly from having my sleep schedule all screwed up, partly from TS Hannah. Hannah swept through here around 3:00 this morning and stayed a while. The big dead tree limb finally fell, and - thankfully - missed the house, the car, the cable and power lines, even missed my bicycle. We lost power at about 3:30. Don't ask why I was awake. It came back on around 5:30, right after I'd decided to save the 1/3rd of a pint of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer from melty extinction (hey, we lost the whole fridge AND freezer full of stuff in the big storm in July). Shortly after that I discovered that the roof had leaked all over the floor in the den. I blamed the dog at first for the big puddle, until I got dripped on.

And then the dog broke my nose.

I know, right?

I was getting back into bed and she was in my spot. And I probably leaned over to smooch her on the head or something (I've been known to do that), when she decided decided she needed to move. So she jumped up...and smacked her hard little skull right into my nasal bones. Heeee-yaww.

I also found my bottle of Effexor in her crate this morning. Fortunately, it doesn't look like she did anything other with it than chew off the lid. Maybe she's depressed?

3 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

Wait, seriously broken or hurt-like-hell-feels-as-bad-as-broken broken?

We're having a damn MONSOON here.

And I was crabby even before that.

Tiny Tyrant said...

I hope your friend's Mom wakes up. Hopeful thought winging her way.

Ouch on the nose honey.

Sounds like Maggie doesn't like the new sleep schedule either.

Anonymous said...

::hugs:: (but gently around the nose area)

My door matt squooshed when I went out to get the paper yesterday morning. Then when I hung it over the railing to dry out, a whole sheet of water fell off. Mostly onto my feet. At least I was barefoot.

Bookmark and Share