Saturday, October 04, 2008

Addendum

Note to self:

Brown flannel attracts light-colored dog hair LIKE A FRIGGIN' MAGNET.

I didn't even put it on the bed. It got all full of dog hair in the dryer. Or to be more properly named, the still damp-er.

Oy.

It's really soft, though. And currently hanging over the bathroom door to fully dry.

AND THEN, guess what just happened? My bathroom sink fell off the wall. I didn't know they could do that! I got it back on, but, dude. And it looks like it wasn't on right when it was caulked in place.

Dude.

I hate this house. Stupid Kyle, who stole all the light bulbs and let the place run down. Why did I move here again? Oh, right, Sparrow, Maxine, and Melody. None of whom live here anymore. And then there was the walking/biking distance to work. Which, we all know how that has thusfar worked out.

Oy.

4 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

Is your landlord remotely responsive to stuff like that? I mean, that's a lawsuit waiting to land on someone's foot.

I send a POX on KYLE'S HEAD. But don't tell your parents you hate that house because then it turns out that they were right, they are always right and you might as well just move back in with THEM.

And dude, it's not the color of the flannel. It's the FLANNEL of the flannel. All dog hair, all the time. Cat hair, too, actually.

Lorna said...

Goodness, thank goodness the sink did not fall on your foot -

I'd have a sit down with the landlord and request a contractor's inspection and get it all fixed up in one shot!

I love flannel or "fleece" - we call them "woobies" (after the little boy in "Mr Mom" calling his blanket that) - No one messes with my woobies!

Allison said...

Sink on the floor. Eih. Sounds like a curse-filled repair. I wish you all the best! Sending you wishes for a new happy and responsible landlord with lots of lightbulbs.

Valerie said...

This sounds like one of those days that one should just say this is the way it is going to be and laugh about it, as hard as it is at the time.

Bookmark and Share