Monday, October 20, 2008

A picture's worth at least a hundred words....

First off, a while ago Allison and I were discussing the joys of being office supply junkies in the comments of one of her posts. I was reminded of that scene in You've Got Mail where Tom Hanks tells Meg Ryan how much he loves New York in the fall and how he wants to send her bouquets of sharpened pencils. I love that line. So Allison promised to send me a bouquet of sharpened pencils if I taught her how to make socks on non-DPNs. So I put up a little tutorial on Magic Loop.

And what arrived in the mail this weekend?



Okay, so, technically a box of pencils, but they readily bouqueted. And technically they're still unsharpened, because, well, my pencil sharpener is still in a box somewhere. But they're still lovely nonetheless. They also came with a package of wicked cool mechanical pencils, and some nifty colored pens, but those have already gone to work.

In other pictorial news, Sparrow is on call, so Little Maxine is over.



They're just the cutest dogs ever.

Little Maxine is now asleep on my shoulder all parrot style, which is making it a little hard to type. So I guess I'm done posing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, Kate
Another gift you have is being able to get the most hilarious snapshots of dogs. Or, maybe they are just generally funny dogs, who knows.

Stop by my blog, btw, I gave you an award.

Bookmark and Share