Monday, October 06, 2008

Vote, dammit!

I stumbled across this yesterday:



I freaking love it.

And, while, yes, some states closed their registration Friday, most others just stated that you needed to be living the place you plan to vote by Friday. So, if you're not registered, do it now (DO IT NOW!!!!!). And freakin' vote, already.

Seriously, though, folks. Regardless of how it turns out, this is the single most historic presidential election since Washington. No, really. We're either going to have a black president or a female veep. That's huge.

Huge.

Plus, there all sort of pertinent congressional issues, referenda, local people...it's important, people!!!!!! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Hundreds of thousands of men and women died for your ability to stand in line, poke a hole in a card, and get a sticker that says "I voted!". It's your patriotic duty. It's a basic, but amazingly precarious, human right. It's one of the most valuable things we as Americans can do.

SO DO IT!

3 comments:

Julie Hoover said...

Thats a fantastic video! I put it up on my less widely read blog :)

Anonymous said...

Kate- You'll be happy to know that I registered at the last minute- but only because someone was pushing the forms in my face. I am still not sure how good a Democratic vote in Texas will do, especially with the sneaky redrawing of district lines here some years back. (They start in urban areas where there are most likely to be liberal voters and are circled with very rural areas to cancel all the democrats out). We'll see! Wouldn't it be cool if Obama took Texas JUST because of me? Heh.

DK said...

You totally could have the deciding vote! Which is why you totally need to vote!!!

Bookmark and Share