Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Love/Hate Tuesday

First, the hate...ALL RIGHT, FACEBOOK. KNOCK IT OFF.

I present to you the three ads at the side of my Facebook page when I opened it up this morning:

Dude. Really. I'd been single and "over" 30 (30 + 1/365th) for about 9 hours at that point. Let it go, people.

Ahem.

In more awesome news, the postal holiday in honor of my birthday yesterday (although I think some guy in Ohio tried to claim it was his) resulted in a nice buildup of birthday cards today. Including one particularly great end of internship/birthday/general well-being one from my old knitting group, via Lorna and Valerie.

That is so going in my office tomorrow. Oh, the many, many reasons that's so funny....

(I'm thinking both would bill the same, by the way, as the diagnostic code for a 90805 or 90806 visit, which is Individual Psychotherapy, 35-50 minutes, +/- evaluation and management services. It's so, so very sad that I'm even thinking about that right now, much less that I can pull those billing codes out of thin air....)

Included in the fabulous card (which was a marvelous gift all by itself!) were gift cards to fuel two of my greatest addictions - Whole Foods and Starbucks. I...::sniff::....you guys just know me so well.......seriously, thanks so much!!!

I miss you people back home. Really. A lot.

::sigh::

Anyway...I have done next to nothing with my last two days, as I took vacation days to avoid my two busy clinic days this week. It was decadent and wonderful.

I did go to my Psychoanalytic class this evening, though (there are usually two, one on Borderline Personality Disorder, and one on development, but the latter was cancelled. Hooray, because that's the one for which there's just SO MUCH READING). I'm not sure they were pleased with my two days of vacation. I showed up all well-rested and full of obnoxious questions ("So if the patient's transferring their disavowed affect onto me, what the heck am I supposed to do with it?") and with tape flags all poking out of my book...

Tomorrow it's back to the grindstone, though. Actually...I have an interview in the morning which is part of my application process for the psychoanalytic certification thingie, and then I don't know if I have supervision or not, and then I have a patient at 11 (totally not within my normal clinic hours). And then we have lectures all afternoon, as usual. I fly off to the coast on Thursday, and my Friday is a little bit more relaxed than usual. So, on the whole, a calmer week. Which is such a mitzvah, because, next week? Crammed to the gills. And then the week after, night float.

It's been a nice little break in the action, though. Full of nice things and good people and you know? You just can't ask for much more than that in life.

(Well, you could, but the last time I checked the BMW Fairy was still being all snooty...)

1 comment:

Tiny Tyrant said...

Darn those BMW Fairies.

How dare they be all snooty and right after your birthday?

Bookmark and Share