Friday, October 03, 2008

Big news day

So, a couple of interesting notes in the news today.

Apparently, the Cubs...oy, the Cubs. Have they not figured out that every time the try to lift the curse, they just do worse? I guess one more try can't hurt.

Amusingly, the priest is from my old church in Valparaiso, and, was a deacon at the church where I grew up for, like, ever (Danielle - you remember him from Fanari?). Nice guy. Reportedly, back in the day, he asked this woman out, and she said no, and he told her, "Give me three dates. If you still don't want to go out with me, I won't ask again." They're married now.

Yes, our priests can get married.

Oh, and then there was this little tidbit, too. Finally. But weird that they tacked it on to the bailout.

Kind of ironic, really.

And as long as I'm posting stuff I pulled off the Trib website...


I love Dog Eat Doug. Aww.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate- what is his name? There were a lot of nice priests at Fanari. It was just about the best times of my childhood, going there.

Bookmark and Share