Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Where Id was, there shall Ego be."

Freud, of course.

So, I had today off. It was actually a really nice day. I ran some errands. I had some therapy. I had my second interview for the Psychoanalytic Institute - an old, semi-retired shrink who lives out in the country (there were cows! And cute little turtles at the pond sunning themselves) and who got way too intrusive (I was there to apply for an education in analysis, not to actually undergo analysis!). And then I came home and spent a few hours creating the finishing touches for our trio of Halloween costumes. Eva, Matt and I are going to be the Ego, the Id, and the Superego.

We had a hard time coming up with an Ego costume for Eva that actually meant anything. This is what we ended up with.


Not the strictest Freudian interpretation, but...

Matt's going with the Clark Kent Superego thing. Peng's loaning him a cape, Eva's lending him her riding crop, and I'm providing this:

My costume centers around this.

And, you know, my boobs. And that goofy black and pink wig Ruthie talked me into buying. And I'm thinking of wearing my boxing gloves. Id is all about libido and aggression and all of those primal things.

It should be a good party on Saturday. And good practice staying up, for me, because I'm on night float again next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And cameras... ;)

Bookmark and Share