Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Boom.

I fell down today. A lot. And gloriously.

On my way to work. In front of my neighbor's house. It was wet, there was something slick on the ground, next thing I know I'm sprawled out on the pavement bleeding.

I should've just turned around and gone back in my house, really. But no, I kept going.

Metaphoric, really.

I further damaged my iPod, which was of course already agonal. I scraped up my knee and my elbow. I threw my hip and my back and my shoulder out of whack. I'm a little worried that I may have cracked my fibula, but Ruthie and I are reasonably certain it's just a muscle bruise, and besides, that's not a weight-bearing bone, so what are you going to do about it anyway?

Apparently the treatment for my injured toe was to bang the rest of me up so badly I wouldn't notice anymore.

This is so totally not my week.

6 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

I'm SO having a week like that, too. Only, my psychologically than physically. Although, okay, physically, my week is sucking also.

Yeah, I am going to bed now. I give up.

Tiny Tyrant said...

Geez Louise young lady.

BE CAREFUL. I'd like you to make it to 30 in one piece. Okay and beyond 30 as well.

You do it again and I'm sending you a cane. :-P

Anonymous said...

::hugs... carefully::

Lorna said...

Oh my... I sure hope you're ok!

Heal quickly - the good news is that your fingers work to knit!!!

Allison said...

Yikes. Well, you know, Mom says that some days (or some weeks, like you're having) are like that. Even in Australia.

Marie said...

Ow, ow, ow!!!

Sometimes stuff like this is manifesting something else going on in our heads? Overload, I think, in your case.

Take care of your head AND your body!!

Additional gentle hugs your way.

Bookmark and Share