Monday, April 28, 2008

At the zoo

So I left this morning, and all was well. Maggie was barricaded in the kitchen, Mazel had run of the house, and Jake was outside (in the rain, but he really seems to like that). The cats were inside. All was quiet.

Yeah, whatever.

I get home tonight, and of course it's raining like...well, you know. And I get to the front door, and I hear jingling. And since my dog (who's supposed to be tucked away in the kitchen) is the only one who wears tags, so...I open the door, and there's Maggie, and Mazel, and there's an upended bowl of dog food scattered all over the floor. And the cats have worked furiously to knock all the cans of wet cat food off the counter they were on. And Jake is soaking wet and all sorts of muddy and, once again, won't come in the house (or let me put on the handle collar I bought him on the way home). And, the dogs have pooped all over the cat room. Which, okay, can you blame her (I think it was probably mostly her)? I mean, the room is full of litterboxes, and smell pretty much like poop, so....

Still.

Had all sorts of plans for this evening. Oh well.

1 comment:

LG said...

hey, as long as no one peed on your bed in a territory dispute, you had a good day.

anyone want a cat? only pees on the bed when there's a dog in the house! :-) kidding. take the dog.

Bookmark and Share