Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cute Thursday

I had a very cute vacation day. It was nice.

I got up, and went to my shrink's office (we're trying to squeeze as many sessions in as we can this week while I have, you know, time. It's not that I'm that crazy). And got a visit from the very cute cat who hangs out outside her office, I suspect because my shrink feeds her and it was time for breakfast. But she's this adorable little black thing, and this morning I noticed that she was missing the top of her left ear. So I said, oh! She must be an Operation Catnip cat!


(Not my shrink's random stray cat, actually my friend's ex-random-stray-cat-turned-housecat, Max, who IS an
Operation Catnip cat)

No, she says, that's a raccoon nip.

Hmm. Not the same. But apparently she is altered, and she's awfully darn cute. Sometimes she comes to the window during our sessions and "listens" intently. It feels sometimes like I'm getting two therapists for the price of one.


But I think she's actually trying to get me to feed her by the sheer power of her kitten telepathy.

I then came home and met up with my psuedo-aunt and we set out in search of decent pizza, which she assured me we could find at this place called Z Pizza. It was good, actually. New York style, but, it'll do.

We then went wandering around Bond Park, which is nearby their house and is very nice and has this cool amphitheater where they occasionally have concerts.


The trails left a little to be desired - they weren't very clearly marked and were in desperate need of mulching after the winter, although a few of them had been. But it was a nice walk.


I ended up taking a lot of pictures of trees and roots and funky stuff, because not a lot is in bloom there yet. Although the Dogwood are. Isn't this the Dogwood state? I think it is...



We did see a couple of cute little lizards. I wasn't fast enough with the camera to get pictures of them.

So then we went to Starbucks, and then to a very cute used book store, where I only spent $8 and only acquired two hardcovers. It was actually one of the best used bookstores I've been in - clean, very well organized, didn't have piles of random books lying all over the floor (like this place I used to go to in Chicago. Or, say, my house). And they had a lot of current stuff - I could easily have spent a day's pay or so there (remember, they don't pay me much per hour, but I work a lot of 'em in a day). It's called Mr. Mike's Used Books and if you live in the Triangle, you must check it out.

So then I dropped her off and went to get groceries and I happened to notice the little shop next door happened to be open and they're always advertising that they sell Danskos, and, well, even though I keep falling off of my Danskos, I'm really getting sick of wearing my tennis shoes to work. So I went in. And I found these very cute shoes:



They're called Aravons and they're made by New Balance (of course). And they're JUST WICKED COMFORTABLE. They have memory foam inserts and just enough heel and are adjustable width throughout the whole instep and foot and oh, I'm so excited to wear them to work on Monday. I'm going to have to paint my toenails tomorrow.

I did ultimately go to the grocery store, and was checked out by the cutest adolescent boy on the planet. And not in that, Kate-stop-thinking-that-you're-almost-thirty! way, but he was just adorable. He was nineteen and has lived here for about 6 years but before that he lived in Mass (-achusetts) and you know he still kind of had the accent but he really liked it here because the winters were awful and oh, I had lived in New Hampshire, so yeah, I knew all about the winters, man, the snow up in NH was terrible holy cow they'd get four feet and not even call it a flurry and you know he used to go through like a container of Parmesan cheese a week because that was like all he would eat that and this spray butter on pasta did I remember that spray butter because that stuff was wicked good and man whatever happened to that stuff it was this one particular kind with the blue top and it was like actual butter not that greasy nasty mess you can sometimes still find. The whole thing amused me so.

And then, of course, as is customary when I go to that grocery store, I pick up a hamburger combo from the little place next door and I get Maggie a cheeseburger, and I don't even have to tell you, that's always a cute event. But tonight, I was ripping it into bite sized piece and tossing them in her food dish and Maggie was bouncing up and down and for some reason, she really wanted the pieces I was holding over the ones already in her dish. So I gave her one, and she galloped back to her crate to eat it, and then came back, and begged for me to give her another one, and did the same thing. And by then all the hamburger was torn up and in her bowl, so she gave up and just ate it out of there. But the whole thing was, in fact, way too cute.

::sigh:: It was a nice day.

1 comment:

Barb Matijevich said...

I love this blog post. I love the pictures --both the ones you paint with words and the actual photos. You rule.

Bookmark and Share