Thursday, April 03, 2008

Love Thursday...

...will be postponed until Love Friday. Day was long. Patients SO crazy. I'm so tired.

But.

The fact that it's taken me three days to mention this should be a clue as to how bad the past week has been. It's April. Which is a month important for reasons far beyond May flowers.

April is National Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Today, in fact, is the SAAM Day of Action.


I haven't quite figured out how I want to "celebrate" this month, yet, but we will. Because it's important to acknowledge those who've been victimized, and those who've survived. Those who are still fighting. Those who still don't have a voice. Those who stand by in support. Those who work hard because saving even one victim is worth everything. And all of us whose lives will never be the same.

2 comments:

Tiny Tyrant said...

Hugs girl.

Let me know how you intend to 'celebrate' and I'll join you.

Anonymous said...

I'd prefer a month of NOT being aware of it...
I get days here and there where it doesn't cross my mind, I hope to make it a week at some point.

Bookmark and Share