Saturday, April 12, 2008

I don't own emotion, I rent

Ah, if only that were true.

Feeling a little better, on all fronts. Actually a little bummed that I missed the conference at this point, but less guilty that I missed it because I couldn't move without thinking my head was about to explode than if I had just chickened out and not gone. Not that this migraine wasn't in large part caused by stress, anxiety and general battiness (plus, a little pollen, I think. The crazy doesn't get all the credit), but, seriously, the wandering around in the dark this morning saying "Nono, doggie, shhh, shhhhhhhhh!" whenever the pooch made a sound, it does sort of legitimize and validate things.

Monday. Monday's going to be the really bad day, I can already tell you.

I'm for some reason very sensitive to anniversaries (probably because I don't do anticipatory anxiety very well). But this year is by far the worst, for the obvious reasons. Next year, when I'm actually a second year, and I actually got through my intern year okay, it's going to be so much better.

After I slept through most of the day, I finally watched Rent, which had been on my DVR since September. I was a little disappointed. I mean, it doesn't help that I can recite the score of the musical pretty much from "December 24th, 9pm, Eastern Standard Time" straight through to the last "No day but today." And it also doesn't help that the first time I saw it on stage the cast was phenomenal. Oh, my gosh, they were so good. I think the movie did it justice, but, eh, they broke up a lot of songs that needed to be sort of all over the place, they left out one of my favorite songs (Happy New Year), and their Maureen was a little disappointing. Now, no one could be as good as the Angel I saw on stage, so it's probably not his fault that this one wasn't quite as charismatic and engaging. And they left out some really good lines. But I do think they cleaned up the second half well. It's always been a little...mmm...floppy and not quite as together as the first half. The movie did a much better job with the second half.

Anyhow.

I'm on call tomorrow, so I should get to bed. So much for vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

::hugs:: I'm sorry you're having a rough weekend, and I'm sure the migraine didn't help. On the bright side, we've got three weeks to do psychiatry together! It'll be like that Medicine rotation, but without Dr. Asshole!!! :)

Bookmark and Share