Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Animal House, day 3

::sigh:: So, I spent most of the night saying, "No, Jake", "Knock it off, Jake," "Stop whining, Jake," or "Get off the bed, Jake."

It's like we were dating or something.

Wow, this dog has no concept of night time. Like, it's dark out - hey! I should sleep! Nope, not in Jake's world.

So then they wake me up this morning an hour before my alarm, like, it's morning! It's morning! Hello! Come on! It's morning!!! All three of them. And then I get out of the shower and discover that Jake ate my shoe. Not a whole lot of it, but it was soaked in slobber. Ick! And then I finally get everyone out or in and all partitioned off, and am going to leave, and I slip on a dog toy and fall and whack my shoulder on the couch and spill coffee-protein-drink-stuff (soooo good) all over myself, and the floor. Ahhh, good times.

Call was nice. I didn't see a single patient. My med student and I hung out. Mike showed us amusing videos of prisoners in the Philippines doing organized dance routines (don't ask). Tyler and I traded a lot of amusing anecdotes. We all took a tour of the helipad. My med student and I ordered really good sandwiches for dinner. All my calls should be this good.

When I got home, I let the cats in, and between the five quadrupeds I have to say, wow, did I feel loved. Aww. And I discovered, I don't think it was Mazel who liberated Maggie from her kitchen prison yesterday...I think it was the cat.

So this is Simon.

I let him in tonight (the cats had been out all day), and he walked right over and knocked the gate down. I laughed really, really hard.

This is his brother, Garfunkel.

Garfunkel apparently does a lot of cute sleeping.

There are two other cats here somewhere, too. I have yet to see Jasper, and Chloe appears mostly as an occasional terrified white streak across the floor as she runs to her next hiding spot. But Simon and Garfunkel have endeared themselves to me. In fact, last night I woke up (I sleep on my stomach), and Simon was asleep all curled up on the small of my knees. I was like...hey! There's a cat on top of me...who's sort of warm, and soft....awww....

And I haven't been that sneezy. I may become a cat person again yet...no, no, I think that's just the exhaustion talking.....

1 comment:

Robin said...

Simon is really cute - he looks like a skinny version of my FatKat!

Bookmark and Share