Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Under the wire

Whew! Just made the posting before midnight deadline...

Today, today was so long. But I did greatly piss off some woman in the ER and then leave the medical student alone with her to deal with it. Which he did, very well. And I didn't do it on purpose - I left him to get the rest of her history, but before I did, I told her that we were indeed committing her. She didn't actually get agitated and angry until after I left. Or, believe me, I never would've just left him to navigate that chaos. And she wasn't dangerous or anything, she was just, well, pissed.

Wow, does she hate me.

Ah well.

The other patient I admitted was very manic and ridiculously hypersexual. She'd, um, found some very creative uses for her neighbor's potato masher. She was quite amusing and pleasant, though. And my very favorite part is that she'd actually been brought in for having thoughts of killing several people, including her boyfriend, and her boyfriend's...cows.

Cows!

We got into a whole discussion later about how you couldn't really call that "homicidal." So, in my note, it now reads, "Patient states that she currently has no homicidal, bovicidal, or suicidal ideation." I'm wondering if anyone notices it...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Never get "creative" with someone else's potato masher. It's unhygienic, and just plain rude.

2) You are a potato masher tease. Need details. And possibly a potato masher (will not ask to borrow yours, see #1, supra).

Anonymous said...

How did she get the neighbor's potato masher?
Ok, the boyfriend may have it coming, but the COWS? No way, the cows need to be protected.

Anonymous said...

Once, when my mom was working in a hospital, an old man having trouble getting it "up" tried to fix the problem with the stick from an eaten dum-dum.

Barb Matijevich said...

GDR. These comments are killing me.

Potato masher? I mean...well, potato MASHER?

Sometimes I feel a little Bovinecanineicidal. (That would be, um, cow dog.)

Bookmark and Share